Answers to questions can be found on the answer page
Please feel free to leave a comment and let me know your thoughts on the challenge
WEEK 3. Friday 5th January, 2018
1. Who was the first USA president to live in the White House?
2. Who said “I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best”?
3. Which astronaut was the first to space walk?
4. Festfolket was the original name of what super group?
5. In which tradition is the wedding tradition of hand fasting practised?
6. What are the supernatural creatures mentioned often in the Quran?
7. Which English king was called “the first gentleman of England”?
8. In 2010 which female rapper became the first female solo artist to have 7 singles on the USA billboard top 100 at the same time?
9. Which Bond film featured London’s Millennium Dome?
10. In Star Trek Deep Space Nine which character had a symbiont?
11. What is the first name of Mr Toad in Toad of Toad Hall?
12. The multi genre Comic Con International is held annually in which city?
13. What are snaffle, pelham and weymouth?
14. The Camorra was the forerunner of what organisation in the USA?
15. Battening, shedding and felting are terms used in which process?
16. In which extreme pastime would you use a carabiner and a quickdraw?
17. Which island has more than half of Indonesia’s population?
18. A male reindeer is known as what?
19. How do snakes hear?
20. In Germany what creatures are used to treat osteoarthritis?
WEEK 2. Friday 9th November, 2017
1. Who said “Remember that time is money?
2. Which Venetian was the first to leave a written record of his travels into Asia?
3. In which hobby would you find the terms cow, hitch and picots?
4. Name the world’s largest sand island in Queensland, Australia?
5. Marcus Tiro is credited with inventing what in Rome in 63 BC?
6. What disease is caused by bacteria spread in water droplets?
7. A crescent shaped sand dune is known as what?
8. Which French prime minister was known as Le Tigre?
9. What galaxy do scientists believe will collide with the Milky Way in 3.75 billion years?
10. In physics which Greek letter is the standard symbol for wavelength?
11. Which artist performed a mashup of Gangnam Style with Psy at the 2012 40th American Music Awards?
12. What domesticated pet is never mentioned in the Bible?
13. What country has a superstition that if the first visitor on New Years Day is a man the year will be a good one?
14. Who was the minstrel during the 3rd crusade who found where Richard I of England was imprisoned?
15. Which king was assassinated by his nephew on the 25th March, 1975?
16. What country is the world’s oldest functioning democracy?
17. Which singer took out a $100,000 insurance policy with Lloyd’s a week before his death?
18. What is the name of the old grey owl owned by the Weasley family in Harry Potter?
19. What was the first science fiction magazine?
20. Who was Time magazine’s Person of The Year in 2015
WEEK 1. Friday 2nd November, 2017
1. Name the chimpanzee painter admired by Pablo Picasso?
2. Who said “A single death is a tragedy a million a statistic”?
3. Which African country was founded by Americans?
4. What is a hit strategy game for mobile platforms released by Supercell?
5. Who was the first professional female skateboarder?
6. In what team of workers would you have found a gandy dancer?
7. What is the largest single known gold object in the world?
8. What do Al Gore and Tommy Lee Jones have in common?
9. What causes the tangy smell at the seaside?
10. What term is given to a legal clause which gives a date after which no remedy may be sought?
11. At 2017 by law 30% of content on Canadian radio must be what?
12. What is the largest pyramid known to exist in the world today?
13. What is the only river that flows both north and south of the equator?
14. What were serfs or slaves called in ancient Sparta?
15. Which Nobel Peace Prize winner sent his wife to accept the prize fearing he would not be readmitted to his homeland?
16. Which South African anti-apartheid leader was tortured to death in 1977?
17. Where in a human would you find the pisiform bone?
18. What is the second most common phobia?
19. What was the first commercial telegraph system?
20. What word is used for a division of geological time?